Newstead Preschool offers a friendly and creative environment, with small class sizes, in a great country town.
The Preschool offers the children a creative play-based program where they can learn more about themselves, others and the world around them. This is done in a supportive community with individual, small and large group experiences.
Our staff are highly skilled. The Director and Teacher, Jo Ride, has many years experience as a qualified Kindergarten, Primary and Early Intervention Teacher. NEWSTEAD PRESCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
Our Preschool philosophy is based on the concept of providing a happy, safe, emotionally and socially enriching environment that creatively nurtures the development of the whole child.
We see the task of learning as a shared experience that involves: the children, the families, the staff and the community
Families play an important role in the program by their support and participation. Parents, guardians and family are always welcome to help with activities, for example: baking, playing instruments, story telling, woodwork, gardening, sewing.
We view creative play as the best medium for learning. The Program allows for flexibility to accommodate each child's individual interests, differences and stages of development. Through the use of both free and structured play we cater for the educational needs of the children. The program is designed to meet the cognitive, social, emotional, physical and language needs and interests of each child.
It encompasses the learning outcomes as described in the National Early Years Framework
- children will have a strong sense of identity
- children are connected to and contribute to their world - community
- children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- children are confidentn and involved learners
- children are effective communicators.
Some of the areas the Preschool Program will develop are:
- new relationships, self-esteem and self-confidence with peers & adults
- respect and awareness of others
- co-operative skills
- enjoyment of their learning experience
- an awareness and consideration of our environment
- creative exploration of a range of materials
- fine and gross motor skills
- a sense of responsibility
- to have experiences which stimulate the development of early literacy and numeracy concepts.
The Preschool has implemented a number of 'green' initiatives, such as the installation of solar panels to provide green power, water tanks, water-saving taps and composting, as well as the use of calico bags for the children's art work.2010 TERM DATES
The Preschool 2010 sessions are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-2pm.Term One:
Wednesday 4th February to Wednesday 1st AprilTerm Two:
Monday 20th April to Wednesday 24 JuneTerm Three:
Monday 13th July to Wednesday 16th SeptemberTerm Four:
Monday 5th October to Monday 14th December
(Wednesday 16th December - cleanup day)
Please call Jo Ride (Preschool Director) to organise a visit or enquire about enroling your child at Newstead Preschool.